Tikkun and the Network of Spiritual Progressives have been at the vanguard of speaking about the importance of integrating spirituality and politics for over 3 decades – yes, you read that right! We have been running trainings and workshops on Radical Love and Prophetic Empathy for over 5 years – workshops that help people understand how we got here and how we can turn our country around. And our work is paying off.
Today we are seeing politicians, social justice organizations, spiritual centers, magazines, podcasts, authors, and others embrace our approach, emphasizing the need to bring a moral voice to our politics and a political perspective to our spiritual work. To integrate and see what is sacred in our world within the mundane, regular aspects of life. We couldn’t be more thrilled.
We manifest our methodology of integrating spirituality and politics by putting forth a vision of the world we all want and providing steps to get us there. We advance some of the most sophisticated psychological and spiritual thinking and analysis that help us understand how the Right effectively manipulates people’s needs so they vote for politicians that actually harm them economically, politically, physically, and environmentally. We also promote radical, visionary policies and approaches that can ignite transformative changes, such as, our vision of a world based on a New Bottom Line of love, kindness, generosity, caring for each other, and caring for the earth. This New Bottom Line is a first major step toward shaping a progressive politics that actually underlies what motivates people to join liberal and progressive politics and social change efforts even when not so explicitly stated. Our research shows that explicitly stating this broader vision will expand the reach of progressive efforts to those who have been turned off or disengaged from progressive and Left politics.
We know that it will take time to make the long-term, lasting changes needed to truly create a loving and just society. It is not just this election cycle or that politician, this particular issue or that outrage that we need to address, but also the underlying fundamental worldview and teachings that are foundational to our understanding of what it means to be American, what it means to be a “man”, what it means to be “white”, and what it means to believe in capitalism.
To help build a long-term movement and reach a broader audience, as well as to make your engagement in these efforts more accessible, we have decided to embark on a new project that coincides with the launch of Rabbi Michael Lerner’s new book Revolutionary Love: A Political Manifesto to Heal and Transform the World. We’re calling it the Love and Justice Project. #LoveAndJusticeProject
And in order to jumpstart this project and expand our reach, we need your help.
There are a number of ways for you to plug into and get involved with the #LoveAndJusticeProject.
- Create a Love and Justice Circle. Begin by reading Rabbi Michael Lerner’s new book, Revolutionary Love: A Political Manifesto to Heal and Transform the World. Start at the introduction and share reflections. Each week take on a new chapter. Like a book group. (You can learn more about how to create a Love and Justice Circle here. Please be sure to sign-up on that page so you receive updates, alerts, and opportunities for activism and support.)
- Follow and tag Tikkun and the Network of Spiritual Progressives on all social media platforms. Send out clips from our YouTube page, links to our various proposals and policy platforms. #LoveAndJusticeProject
- Donate what you can. Ours is not a short-term effort. Transforming the world takes time and unfortunately money! Even $10/month helps. Perhaps you can donate $1.00 a day ($30/month or $365 one time donation). People often say that they contribute to larger organizations that have a larger infrastructure, leaving smaller ones, such as ours, struggling to make ends meet. Your financial support helps ensure we will be here for many more years to come. After you've donated, share your donation on social media and tag us! #LoveAndJusticeProject
- Make a video testimonial about the book Revolutionary Love and something in particular in the book that moved or inspired you, encourage others to read the book, and share it widely on social media. #LoveAndJusticeProject
- Join us for our next training in Revolutionary Love and Prophetic Empathy. Sign-up to receive information about when our next training will be.
Whether you share our ideas one-on-one, create a Love and Justice Circle, go door-to-door to talk with your neighbors, or bring our visions and ideas to social change and justice organizations, you are helping to create a cultural shift in our society so that revolutionary love and prophetic empathy can become the path to a loving, sustainable, and just future.