Description of Position:
We are currently looking for someone who has the skills to lay out the first online issue (and possibly future issues as well) of Tikkun magazine using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Graphic Design interns at Tikkun use their graphic design skills to illustrate articles about politics, social change, and spirituality.
Graphic Design interns work closely with the editorial staff in Berkeley where they further develop their graphic design skills and brainstorm ways to illustrate the complex concepts often explored by articles in the magazine and on the magazine’s website. Interns with strong art skills may also be encouraged to try their hand at creating original illustrations to be considered for publication in the magazine and on the website.
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign experience
- Commitment to the work of Tikkun and the Network of Spiritual Progressives
- Research and/or illustration skills
- Ability to put together the online magazine in a timely fashion
- Strong work ethic
- Using Adobe InDesign, assist with laying out the first online issue (and perhaps future issues) of Tikkun
- Work with the editorial staff to create and edit magazine pages using provided text and images
- Edit images using Adobe Photoshop
- Edit image files for appropriate website sizing
Please submit a single file with resume/CV and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Chris@tikkun.org. Please type “Graphic Design Intern– [Last Name]” in the subject line.
We offer a small stipend for the position of laying out the magazine. Our interns have often been successful in using their internship with us as the basis for breaking into paying full time employment with media, magazines, academia, book publishing, and online publishing.
Return to the full list of jobs and internships to keep learning about other opportunities at Tikkun.