#GivingTuesday is right around the corner, and we need your help!
Do you love what we do at Tikkun and the Network of Spiritual Progressives but don’t have a lot of money? Here’s a great way to support us. #GivingTuesday is Tuesday, November 28th. You can support us by setting up a fundraiser on your own Facebook page and inviting your friends to donate––see below for more instructions! Facebook and the Gates Foundation have agreed to match donations raised on Facebook that day.
What you can do now: set up your fundraiser!
- On the left-hand side of your Facebook news feed, you should see a list of pages––under “Explore,” click “Fundraisers.”
- On the next page, click the button in the center of the page that says “Raise Money.”
- Click the “Get Started” button.
- When asked “Who are you raising money for?” select the nonprofit option.
- In the search field, enter “Tikkun – An Interfaith Magazine” or “Network of Spiritual Progressives” (there are a few other options if you just type Tikkun, so be sure to enter this full name) and select Tikkun or the Network of Spiritual Progressives. You’ll know it us because the profile photo is the “Grounds for Hope” issue cover! The image for the Network of Spiritual Progressives is the logo of many overlapping hands.
- Enter the amount you want to raise (each donate button is matched up to $1000, so go for it!).
- Enter an end date for the fundraiser (make this November 28 if you want it to just be for Giving Tuesday).
- On the next page, give your fundraiser a title and a description. We’d encourage you to include some of the language below (see below***) so that people know that money raised on November 28 will be matched by Facebook!
- You’ll then have the option to select one of our photos as a “cover photo” for your fundraiser. Once you’ve done this, hit “Create”!
***Example description for your fundraiser: I’m raising money for Tikkun and the Network of Spiritual Progressives, a non-profit and magazine dedicated to healing and transforming the world. November 28 is #GivingTuesday, and Facebook has agreed to match any donations raised that day––up to $1000 per fundraiser! Please consider donating to this cause. If you donate $50 or more, you will receive a free one-year subscription to Tikkun!
What you can do between now and #GivingTuesday
- Facebook gives you the option of inviting your friends to participate in your fundraiser––please invite them!
- You can post on your own Facebook wall about your fundraiser, a great way to create excitement for #GivingTuesday!
- We’ll be posting on the Tikkun and Network of Spiritual Progressive Facebook pages periodically with info about what your donation is supporting. If you’d like, you’re welcome to share these posts with your friends so that they know what their money is going to support! And remember: any donation of $50 or more will receive a one-year subscription to Tikkun!
What you can do on #GivingTuesday
- Post a lot about your fundraiser! Remind people that, starting at 8:00 a.m. EST, any donation will be matched by Facebook!
- Reach out individually to your Facebook friends and ask them to consider donating.
- Follow us on our Tikkun and/or Network of Spiritual Progressives Facebook pages throughout the day as we post about how much money we’ve raised!
Thank you for your support!