Description of Position:
Tikkun magazine and its consciousness-raising arm, the Network of Spiritual Progressives are looking for a social media intern. The skills that this internship will provide are particularly well suited towards someone who is interested in building a career in social media and marketing. You will work closely with both our operations and development manager and managing editor to interface daily with our subscribers, members, and broader community of supporters online. Your duties will include posting to Facebook and Twitter daily, as well as monitoring the Tikkun blog. You will play a key role in building Tikkun magazine’s readership as well as the NSP’s spheres of influence, and much of your work can be done from home, if you choose.
- Avid user of social media
- Creative thinker, excited about the message of Tikkun and the NSP
- Flexibilty – able to assist both Tikkun and the NSP in promoting their work
- Fast learner – able to adapt to the needs of a small office
- Strong work ethic
- Daily updates to all of Tikkun and the NSP’s social media accounts – primarily Facebook and Twitter
- Develop regular social media campaigns
- Assist with daily blog maintenance
- Monitor success of social media outreach
- Report monthly on social media trends and Tikkun/NSP outreach
Please submit a single file with resume/CV and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Chris@tikkun.org. Please type “Social Media Intern– [Last Name]” in the subject line.
This position is unpaid; however, our interns have often been successful in using their internship with us as the basis for breaking into paying full time employment with media, magazines, academia, book publishing, and online publishing. Of course, there are no guarantees that the internship will lead to financial rewards of this worth.
Return to the full list of jobs and internships to keep learning about other opportunities at Tikkun.